WIOA Reauthorization: Equity Lever Series
President Biden’s first Executive Order 13985 Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government supports a comprehensive approach to advancing equity through federal policy and investment. Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act reauthorization is an opportunity to fully implement the equity levers inside the U.S. adult education and workforce development system. The stated purpose of the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is “to strengthen the United States workforce development system through innovation in, and alignment and improvement of, employment, training, and education programs in the United States, and to promote individual and national economic growth.”
Through this series of briefs on key equity levers in WIOA, we provide analysis of WIOA quantitative data 2016-2019 and recommendations for WIOA reauthorization on five key topics: co-enrollment; co-investment; career pathways; performance accountability; and system integration.
- Download: WIOA Equity Lever Series (All Briefs Combined) [PDF]
- Download: Co-Enrollment Equity Lever Brief [PDF]
- Download: Co-Investment Equity Lever Brief [PDF]
- Download: Career Pathways Equity Lever Brief [PDF]
- Download: Performance Accountability Equity Lever Brief [PDF]
- Download: System Integration Equity Lever Brief [PDF]
The goal of the series is to inform policy makers and other key stakeholders on
WIOA outcomes to date and present options for increasing the efficacy of
the WIOA legislation to promote equity.
Twitter feed is not available at the moment.