Engaging, Empowering, & Creating Useful Change
Leadership is about vision, about engagement, about empowerment and, most of all, about the creation of useful change. Effective leadership committed to affirming a shared vision of access to educational and economic opportunity for adult students is needed now more than other.
Through customized professional development, coaching, and consultation services, the NCTN team helps to develop the leadership needed to design and implement programs aimed at effectively preparing students for college and career opportunities consistent with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
The NCTN’s approach is grounded in the understanding that effective leadership requires placing development into its wider, systemic context, and fostering the capacity of new and seasoned administrators to:
- Collaborate across systems
- Engage a multi-stakeholder base
- Guide a strategic communication process
- Select and train effective teachers, and staff
- Coordinate comprehensive support services
- Identify and mobilize resources
- Translate policy into practice