Priyanka Sharma, Assistant Director
Priyanka provides technical assistance, coaching, and professional development on college and career readiness, Integrated Education and Training (IET), financial literacy, technology integration and digital literacy. She has extensive expertise in using technology to enhance and accelerate learning experiences online and in-person. Priyanka is a prolific user of social media and works on finding ways of integrating social media and tech tools in professional development design and delivery.
Priyanka’s recent and ongoing work includes:
- Direct and manage the NCTN’s annual conference.
- Lead the English Now! project and provide technical assistance, coaching and training on blended, online, and mobile learning to reduce waiting lists for English Language Learners (ELLs) through learning circles that blend online learning and face-to-face discussion.
- Co-lead the Arizona College and Career Readiness Initiative by shaping and delivering customized technical assistance including facilitating online courses, moderating and leading virtual communities of practice.
- Provide technology integration coaching to MoveUp! project grantees and develop an online tech tools repository.
- Direct the Adult College Engagement project, which piloted and refined a replicable, scalable system-wide model for peer mentoring of adult learners.
- Design and direct the mentoring demonstration project for out-of-school migrant youth, pilot and refine the model, and provide technical assistance and coaching to the participants during the planning and implementation phases.
- Coach the Retraining the Gulf Coast Workforce Through Information Technology Consortium community colleges with implementing and integrating Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) policies and procedures.
Prior to joining the National College Transition Network team, Priyanka managed a non-profit arts organization raising its profile to a national level by shepherding a fundraising campaign, engaging new partners, and leveraging supporters and allies. As part of her commitment to community involvement, she serves as the current Board Chair of The City School, a youth leadership organization based in Boston. She has previously served as the Board President of Friends of Community Learning Center, an organization that raises funds and public awareness for the Community Learning Center, an adult basic education program in Cambridge, MA. Priyanka has a degree in Biology and Anthropology from the State University of New York.
Priyanka has authored the Mentoring Toolkit and Mentoring Toolkit for Migrant Youth. Priyanka led the development and production of the Student PLA video, wrote the Companion Guide, and the Staff Guide to PLA. Priyanka also contributed to Mapping the Financial Journey, a financial literacy guide focused on adult students transitioning to postsecondary education and training.
Read her articles:
College for a Day: Lighting the Path for Adult Learners to Go On to College and Career
Mentor Support for Adults Transitioning to College
Learning Circles Address Wait Lists for English Classes
Follow on Twitter: @PriyankaS0